November 16, 2008

The word Infinity is rarely experienced, but the times you really understand it definitely seem surreal. Like pondering how big the universe is, or how small the smallest phenomenon is. The basis of String Theory, understanding the unity of everything in existence through an infinite measure. If you haven't pleased your mind with the headache theory of Strings, then I suggest you watch the PBS Nova special about it. It was made in 2003, and now I wonder what advances have been made. You can find all three parts here.

Today while I was in the bathroom at PRONTO!'s I had one of those surreal experiences we all had at one point, but might not have noticed. When you experience a mirror within a mirror you get to see what infinity looks like. I apologize for my shitty camera phone quality pictures.


No comments: